It is important to feed and water your pony correctly so that he stays fit and well.
This horse and pony lesson will introduce you to the different foods that a pony can eat.
It is important that your pony always has fresh clean water to drink.
The horse and pony lessons are filmed at our riding school in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, England
9 RULES OF FEEDING HORSES & PONIES
1. Water before feeding2. Feed little and often
3. Feed lots of bulk food (e.g. hay, grass)
4. Wait an hour before working pony after feeding
5. Introduce changes of feed gradually
6. Feed concentrates according to work (do not feed more concentrates than your pony needs)
7. Do not feed concentrates straight after work
8. Keep to a regular routine of feeding
9. Feed good quality food (not mouldy or musty)